Friday, August 04, 2006

To Dublin, London, Surrey, Cardiff, 'Home'

I'm sitting in a net café in Covent Garden. I have that distinctive travelling smell on me.

Update: I'm sitting in another 'Net cafe, next to these nice people.

5/8/06: I'm sitting in a hotel room in Cardiff, my window overlooking the Cardiff Castle, where there were fireworks exploding in the sky; sixth floor -- louder up here. Think Afghanistan with colours. Many thanks to everyone who came to see us read.

Nice one to the person who rifled my stack of poems when I went to the bar, picking out a small selection for themselves. I don’t mind; but needless to say (I hope), if they turn up published somewhere, I will become severely hazardous to your health =). I’m sure they were simply interested in what I read, but you never know. . . .

Poems I read included:

Should There be Any Decrease in Cabin Pressure
Working title: She arrived, creaming
sachet trajectory split in sharp f
Working title: disparate sense of salt
Counting Light Waves
New Summer
Seven Signs of Falling in Love with Your Dog
Working title: What are you writing
Love According to...
The Adventures of Captain Go-Nads
Another Day in Paradise
Op\osed
Working title: Five Is a Four-Letter Word

Other forthcoming readings in the series include:

Maurice Scully and Rob McLennan (1 September),
Tom Lowenstein and Christopher Gutkind (6 October)
Frances Presley and Tilla Brading (3 November).

2 comments:

rob mclennan said...

heh. i wasnt actually there, but now wishing i was. will i see you when i actually show up in town?

http://robmclennan.blogspot.com/2006/08/mclennan-bute-place-cardiff-cf10-5al.html

Kevin said...

I had a feeling it wasn't you! David nodded toward some guy when he mentioned you'd be there on Sep 1, so i thought it was you. Nah, i can't make it; i'm packing up and moving back to England permanently, that day.