Yeah, i think you're right. I might drown in the html later and bring the sidebar off the edge. It's especially wide on my 1632 (or whatever) screen. Definitely more compact, and thus focused, before; a bit all-over-the-gaff, now. I also don't like the emptyness of all the white. It's also a shame to have lost the blockquote colour.
So what do i like about it? The oversized sidebar titles and too-strong orange, especially in that thick band in the masthead.
Did i just refer to my blog in newspaper terms? Yes i did.
has it changed? I dunno...maybe you could incorporate the sensual orange-so-strong-you-can-smell-it into your older design? For me its still really wide...like i said i preferred it more focused. but having said that other people may prefer it this way. i mean i don't even use capital letters...
11 comments:
It's...wide. To be very honest i kinda liked it the old way...it was more compact i think. But then again what the fuck do i know.
Yeah, i think you're right. I might drown in the html later and bring the sidebar off the edge. It's especially wide on my 1632 (or whatever) screen. Definitely more compact, and thus focused, before; a bit all-over-the-gaff, now. I also don't like the emptyness of all the white. It's also a shame to have lost the blockquote colour.
So what do i like about it? The oversized sidebar titles and too-strong orange, especially in that thick band in the masthead.
Did i just refer to my blog in newspaper terms? Yes i did.
How's that?
has it changed? I dunno...maybe you could incorporate the sensual orange-so-strong-you-can-smell-it into your older design? For me its still really wide...like i said i preferred it more focused. but having said that other people may prefer it this way. i mean i don't even use capital letters...
It's too friggin' bright, man. My eyeballs are melting right out of their sockets.
Haha! Yeah, it is quite fun-in-the-sun. Eyeball-meltingly good! Mmm, i might put on a stone-coloured background...
Other people are telling me, off the blog, that they prefered the purple, too.
We'll see if it's enough to affect visits. Though i seem to change my template every four to six months, anyway...
Thanks for the feedback.
How's that for eyeball-melting-ness, at least?
"Your page melts at eye temperature"
its a bit better now
Haha! So my poetry doesn't completely run off people...
Still feeling resistance to this new template. I'll admit the tightness of the other was better, but i'm liking this one for now.
The Kevin Doran blog entity is now in version 3.7. (I think version 3.4 was similar to this one.)
Okay, you win: i put it back to the narrow, purple format. It is better.
I've changed it again. This one is a little more subtle and quaint.
Post a Comment